Mike's F'd Up Journey Sans Frontières

Mike's F'd Up Journey Sans Frontières

Saturday, March 17, 2012

G Mod reaches out to former nemeses, the Occupy Protesters, promising not to sue them, offering them condolences for not being as effective as they wanted to be and even suggesting that he could be their new leader: "I will deliver, you know I'm a forgiver." Wait, is this the second time we used that song? Don't worry. This is the Johnny Cash version. Oh. Okay. Carry on.

The following is an (unexpected) letter from MFUJ manager, G Mod to the Occupy protesters that used to, well, 'occupy' the lawn outside of the MFUJ offices.

To the unwashed masses that tuned my lawn into a primordial pit of ooze,

I know you're hurting. You might not believe that I do, but I mean it. I know all about believing in something strongly and then having it fall apart after months, or even years of working towards a goal.

I wanted to be a billionaire record producer. But did that work out? Well, you can just see by the non-existent sales for MFUJ's first five albums that my dreams are out of reach. hell, after the latest webisode, we're not even sure where the band costumes, I mean outfits have gone so who knows if we'll be able to film any more of those episodes you love to watch.

Let's get back to you. You thought that you were serving some greater purpose by protesting MFUJ, whether it was for my alleged greediness and megalomania (whatever the hell that means) or if it was just because of Brick's lame single, "99". Maybe you just wanted to be hip and rebel against your wealthy parents that pay for your loft in Williamsburg and for your liberal arts education, who knows? So you protested, congregated and you defecated and what happened? Your group was evacuated by the place and your morale was broken and you splintered off into your little bubbles again.

What happened? Should you give up just because your actions didn't really make a difference in the long run? No. You have passion in your pants (or bras) and you ain't afraid to show it. Do not be afraid of your drive and ambition. They are what will lead you to greatness.

So, you are probably wondering why I'm writing to you. Well, I am well aware that your leader, the bear in the Che Guevara t-shirt that I did not have nightmares about when I was in exile, is now serving a life sentence for a series of parking tickets and other violations. You are a ship without a captain. Let me offer you my guidance. Now, you might not have expected me to reach out like this, given the utter devastation you have left in your wake.

You need someone who understands you and can lead you to greatness. I will deliver to you all that your hipsterish hearts could want in an ironic way. You don't have to worry about me holding onto many grudges. I'm G Mod.  I will deliver, you know I'm a forgiver.

When you feel like beginning a better life, lift up the receiver, I'll make you a believer. Reach out and touch fate.

Your own personal something,

G Mod


No comments:

Post a Comment